What will my child learn?
- Heritage Studies
- Fine and Digital Arts
- Grammar - parts of speech, verbals, clauses, capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, and the function of words in the context of a sentence.
- Literature - Our textbook is a series of short stories of different genres incorporating many elements of literature including plot, point of view, and figurative language. We read at least four novels including Out of the Dust, Holes, The Bronze Bow, and A Wrinkle in Time.
- Spelling and Vocabulary
- over 200 cumulative vocabulary words
- Spelling includes 150 commonly misspelled words.
- Writing assignments are varied with many based on literature stories and novels. They include a five paragraph essay, compare/contrast essay, character analysis, various types of fiction, various types of poetry, and novel projects.
- Everything in Academic plus: Reading Workshop-Weekly assignments are based on the reading of independent novels with a comprehension or elements of literature focus.
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
- Time, Money, & Measurement
- Fractions & Decimals
- Skill Development
- Completion of Several Novels
- Basic Generalizations
- Countries of the World
Ancient World History
- Byzantine Empire
- Middle Ages of Europe
- Changing Earth: Earthquakes & Volcanoes, Weathering & Erosion, Natural Resources
- God’s Creation: Cells & Classification, Animal Classification, Plant Classification
- Energy in Motion: Atoms & Molecules, Electricity & Magnetism, Motion & Machines
- Beyond Our Earth: Stars & the Solar
- God’s Continuing Plan: Plant & Animal Reproduction, Heredity & Genetics
- Our intricate Bodies: Nervous System, Immune System